
It's Hank-day. Here's both my boys after an apparently gruelling beach outing. Both had been cooped up all day in their respective cages. A little run to let off some steam seemed to have wiped them both out completely.
Knitting news: I finished the contables felted clogs finally. They came out close enough to the right size after another wash. One clog is still a little bigger than the other though. I'll have to get a pic with them on his feet. I think he likes them. This may spark a intense like for hand knits, which could be both a good and bad thing. I pointed out to him the Cobblestone Pullover that everyone is raving about at the moment (including the Harlot herself) and I got a 'yeah, I could see myself wearing something like that'. I'm terribly excited at the prospect of being able to knit for him, as we all know that knitting is love, one little loop at a time, and who better to knit for than one's most beloved? But of course, as we all also know, you tend to put not only your own knits on the back burner when it comes to gift knitting, but the spouses knits as well. This has yet to present itself as a problem, but if he starts liking and then asking for hand knits, I'm in trouble. No need to worry about that just yet. We'll see if I ever get around to making the pullover first. BTW, if you're on Ravelry, type the Cobblestone Pullover in the pattern search and check out all the different shapes and sizes that have been churned out. This sweater really does look good on everyone. And it looks like such an easy knit too.
In other knitty but not photo-y news, my big, bountiful book order came yesterday and I wasn't here to receive it! I got home around 4 pm and there was a little tag waiting for me. Torture! I had to wait till this morning to trek down to the post office to get me my knitty books. I still haven't made it there, as as soon as I get them in my hot little hands, you can forget about seeing me for the rest of the day. I will update with a photo to show you me buried under a pile of knitting literature.
Anyhow, guess that's it for now. I have a busy day of errands, best get to it. Just a quickie update for the Hank fans, if there be any.
Until later...
6 comments:
There will always be Hank fans out there!
Another Hank fan here. Hi, I'm Heather, also from Nova Scotia and I like your blog. I love German Shepherds. My dog Kata was part Shepherd/part Husky. She died last March at almost 12 years old.
What's better than a tired puppy? I'll bet he had fun.
I don't knit for any of the men in my family because they are just NOT into sweaters. I did knit for my husband years and years ago, but apparently his love affair with handknits was just a passing fancy.
I can't get over how big Hank is getting already! They're like kids, they don't stay babies for long...
So cute! Want Hank.
I also liked the handknit socks on the arm of the couch.
goodness they make a formidable pair don't they?!
Post a Comment