She had purchased some lovely Moda Dea Sassy Stripes yarn and generously gave me enough to do a pair as well. So together we worked on our socks. I tried to keep pace with where she was at so that I could show her step by step what was going to come next.
If memory serves, she finished one sock. We had a little incident with toe grafting, but we won't go there. In the interim, we had moved onto other projects, and we left it at that, for Carrie to finish her first pair of socks on her own. She had reference materials and tutorials from me...I was confident that she'd do just fine. Since the socks were such a quick knit, I went ahead and finished mine up right away.
Skip ahead, skip ahead, skip ahead, I've moved to Nova Scotia yadda yadda yadda and it's now Dec. 27/07 and Carrie completes the first pair of socks she ever knit herself. It was a proud day for both her and I.
As of dinner time last night, I had worn through the heel on the right foot.
There can be only one...pair.
(all cleverness of this line is attributed to Carrie, who was the one to speak it wherein I promptly informed her that I was stealing it for my blog...it was my sock that died, after all).
I'm quite put out by this, as these socks were very comfy and washed really well. This is the first pair of hand knits that I've worn through.
Ah well, nothing to lose your head over I guess.
">
3 comments:
Miraculously, as fast as I wear through slippers, I've yet to wear out a pair of socks. I had to make repairs on one. Still don't know exactly what happened to it -- it kinda looked like it got picked on something. I'm sure the toes will be the first to go on any of mine when the time comes...
what a shame ... they are ... were so pretty. I guess now you must cast on another pair!
NO! I am Connor McLeod! Seriously, I think I'm going to rent this and reminisce about the good ol' days.
Post a Comment