Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chez K...

M'kay, remember the post about the desserts? And how I said it was only part of a larger whole and that all would be revealed in time?

Well, it's reveal time. I sent the big box o'stuff off to wee K. for her big 2nd birthday and told them that it would likely arrive in plenty of time and to go ahead and open it up. Here's what went in the box with the knitted sweets...



...itty-bitty baking pans, all real metal! Squee!!! But that's not the best part...



...this is the best part. Well, one of many best parts. I had originally thought of making matching aprons for K. and her mom J., but when I saw the pattern for this, I knew that it must be. The smallest and cutest chef's outfit you ever did see.



Okay, so the box is almost as big as she is. I got these photos this morning, in my early awakened state and when I got to this...



...I'm pretty sure that nothing can ruin my day now. I've been grinning like a mad fool for hours.


Apparently, the gift was a BIG hit with both K. and her parents. Such a thrill. Her mom told me that she puts the food in the pans and say, 'Hot hot!', then blows on them and pretends to take a bite.


"Is my hat on straight?"

I love it when a plan comes together.

7 comments:

lexa said...

That is just TOO CUTE! She's totally adorable, and that outfit you made is just incredible! I'm so glad that she enjoys her gift. Maybe she'll want some more "baked goods" sometime...

Steph VW said...

She is the most adorable pastry chef I've ever seen!

The knitted goodies are a stroke of genius!

Anonymous said...

that it too, too cute! squeeeee! ;-)

Donna M said...

OMG that is the cutest little thing I have ever seen. Ya done well!
What a sweetie! And I mean the chef, not just all the wonderful sweets!

Dorothy said...

oh my goodness!!! Too Cute!!
And, the best thing is, as you find more "recipes" you can knit her other goodies.

Frieda said...

What a great idea ! She looks so sweet and is just having so much fun "baking" . Nice work ladies !

Heddy said...

what a little sweetie! glad to hear your present was a hit!