Various flannel remnants, some of which, ironically enough, were gifted to me from Carrie.
And now from the back. Twelve bibs for the price of...well, nothing really. Maybe a couple of hours of my time. Too fun! Totally mindless sewing...love it. I barely made a dent in the flannel stash, so I think I'll make some matching wash cloths. As I was sifting through the rather robust blue flannel section, I started cutting squares of various sizes. I have no real plan, I just now have a lot of squares. I forsee a flannel baby quilt before too long though. Love the fabrics.
So I haven't posted about the house in a while. We've actually made some really amazing progress this spring and summer. We're now living in the house, have been for a few months and as of yesterday, we are officially fully functional!! The above photo is where we started with the main upstairs bathroom of the house. That's the sink area. Nice, eh? Wonder why we ever decided to change it up. But wait, there's more...
...this was the tub and surround! Whoa Nelly. The rest of the room was just...horror movie. The toilet...oh the toilet. There were partial walls, cracked plaster ceilings. Someone really should've scouted this place out for some sort of Saw sequel. Twas scary. We tore down everything, and I do mean everything, to bare studs and plywood floor.
But I think this is a bit of an improvement, don't you? (disregarding of course that the cover for the heater is missing, there is no trim, nor is the window framed in).
We've got this huge, beautiful, totally private back yard which makes for a lovely view from the window. It's so green and peaceful outside.
I finally took the tub for a test drive this morning...luxurious. We will be installing a curtain rod that hangs from the ceiling, so we will be able to have stand up showers as well. So there are still some accessories and such that need to be attended to, but for now, it's finished enough to use. Huzzah.
So anyway, that's it for today. Blogger totally punked out on me this morning while I was crafting this post, and in the interim, I started on some matching flannel cloths to go with the bibs. Pictures when they're all completed.
Until later...
7 comments:
Awesome! We can do a bib swap or something (of course I still have to finish mine).
Big, BIG improvement on the bathroom - who da thunk that the day you would actually be able to use the bathroom in your own house would ever arrive!
Your bathroom is terrific. I am drooling over the tub. When we replaced our old sink in one of the bathrooms, we bought one almost identical to yours. It was not the most economical decision, but one that I have never regretted. I love my sink!
I can just picture the little Pinto Bean when he is a bit bigger, splashing around in the tub with a rubber duckie or two to play with.
I am so happy for you both.
The bibs are adorable! Where did you find the pattern?
Great job on the bathroom. We have a claw foot tub in our bathroom, but not such a great view from it (the wall).
Cute bibs! What a difference in the bathroom. My Dad wants to redo their bathroom this fall. The surround in there now was put in when I was probably sevenish, and it reminds me of that one! It's a schooner. I loved it when I was a kid, but it definitely sings the 70s. Time to go. (Of course, my bathroom sings the 60s.)
Your bibs are really cute. I wonder who they are for?
Huge improvement in the BR!
I love the bibs! So cute. Man, these days your blog has really made me think that I need to get a sewing machine. There are so many simple and cute baby projects out there. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Congrats on the bathroom! I know exactly how rewarding that feels. Last summer we fixed up our old (shiver of disgust) bathroom, and made it into a beautiful, livible area. Yours just glows! Love the clawfoot tub!!!
Great bathroom redo! I was noticing the floor in the "before" pic and it looks a lot like our living room floor at the cottage which we still need to change. Imagine, there were actually two people out there who purchased that!
Post a Comment