First up were the XOXO Socks, to go with the little Umbilical Cord Hat (a pattern found in Stich n' Bitch and most certainly on Ravelry) that I had already finished, both projects knit with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I didn't really follow the XOXO pattern that well, cuz it was a little...all over the place. I knit it in the round and only referred to the pattern for the x's and o's. In any case, they're the teeniest little things and I just love them. They are going to be part of the 'coming home' outfit.
Next up I started on some bath cloths out of Bernat Cottontots. I've used this pattern before for other babies in our life, namely my niece and saw that they were used quite frequently, which indicated to me that they were a good choice. Super easy and really cute, the white one in the photo has the heart motif throughout and it's by far my favourite of the three. The pattern comes from a May 2000 Knitting Digest that I think I got from my mom.
And while baby knitting is fun, I don't want it to consume me and besides, sometimes it just doesn't have enough 'meat' for my liking. So I picked up the Central Park Hoodie I barely started before going on vacation, when the thought of knitting anything just made me weary. I bought the yarn back in June with my WWKIP Day discount at The Ball n' Skein here in Liverpool, which ended up making this a super affordable sweater in Patons Classic Wool.
This was all last evenings knitting and when I put it down, I had that pit of my stomach feeling that it was going to be waaaay too small. So this morning I did a little research on Ravelry, found out that others thought the pattern ran a little small and was rather discouraged by the prospect of having to rip back and re-knit, so I decided to ask the dress form what she thought. After, ahem, readjusting her/my measurements and pinning the back to the form, I figure I'll be alright as long as I knit the fronts and the sleeves in the larger size. I like the simplicity of this sweater so far...just a few pretty cables here and there. And you know I dig the colour.
I questioned the logic of knitting a sweater at all at this point, but I figure if I crank this sucker out with a fair bit of determination, I might still be able to get a fair amount of wear out of it before pushing maximum density, so to speak. Maybe even more left unbuttoned. We shall see. I think it will compliment the four dollar maternity jeans I bought at Frenchy's the other day quite nicely.
And seeing as it's the long weekend, I feel completely justified in sitting on the new furniture (which Hank has adjusted to not being on quite well and thank you for all the lovely comments :) and knitting the day away, whilst cleaning goes undone and meals go unprepared. The Life of Reilly...or Marti...whatever.
Have a great long weekend y'all...here comes autumn!
Until later...
5 comments:
Glad you have the knit bug back!
The socks and wash cloth are dear!
Love the sweater!
What kind of yarn did you use for the socks and hat? It looks soo soft!
Is the heart cloth, like a towel? (I'm not trying to be a smart ass, it's just late in the day)
The Central Park Hoodie is looking good! Kudos to you for taking on what I consider to be everest scale projects.
very nice hat & booties ... i love the x's and o's.
Looks like you have been busy knitting away, and have lots to sow ... nice stuff.
Glad you're getting your mojo back. That's a super sweet homecoming outfit addition. I ordered more Cottontots including some new colors. Also 15 (yes, 15) new colors in Softee Baby. There are also like a dozen colors or so of Classic Wool coming, including all those nice new colors. (K should have known better to let me loose on a yarn order!) Oh, also I ordered that Glow in the Dark stuff and the pattern books.
Those XO socks are so adorable!
Thank goodness that the knitting bug is a re-occuring illness.
Post a Comment