Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Foreshadowing...

I got a small taste of what I might be in for in a few months over the weekend. The constable was sick, the dog was weird and up all hours and the wind was howling, threatening to tear the house apart, or so it sounded at times. All of those combined conspired against my getting any sleep whatsoever, and so I saw the briefest glimpse of a me without much sleep for only two days. The extended version should be oh so charming indeed.

I did manage to knit a bit in between fits of sleeplessness and desperately trying to nap. First up, these:



Saartje's Booties knit out of Sirdar Denim DK for Pinta's soon to be cousin for Christmas. Soon to be as in like, likely to be born around the same time. Too cool. Oh yeah, Pinto Bean has now become Pinta Bean, and since the constable and I are having a bit of a hard time coming up with a name we're both sold on, I'm trying to convince him just to go with Pinta and our troubles are over. If only she were one of a set of triplets, I would be all over it (get it? Nina, Pinta, Santa Maria?).

Anyway...this is a great pattern. You can whip these little buggers up in a couple of hours. I plan on making a pink pair for Pinta and perhaps convince the BIL and SIL to take a photo of their bean wearing his and I'll do likewise. Matchy-matchy :)



I also brought this out the closet, where it had been hanging in anticipation, and added a little detailing which I think is charming. I can't decide between knitting a pink rosette and adding a snap closure or picking up the pink baby safety pins I saw at the store to use as a closure. I'll give it some more thought.



T'would appear as though I have pink on the brain. This lovely mess is the dainty pink sweater I alluded to in a previous post. What I find exceedingly frustrating is that I seem to knit lovely things for other people and when I sit down to crank out a project for myself, arse it up more times than I can count. I haven't ripped back, cuz I flat out refuse to where lace is concerned, and I'm sure the mistakes aren't as plentiful as I think they are, but I do know that there are some spots where I've mangled the pattern and well, that will have to be part of it's charm I suppose. In any event, this is going to be wee so I hope she's not going to be the huge baby that her father insists that she will be. What is up with that anyway? I keep hearing, 'TEN POUND BABY' to which I keep asking, 'Do you hate me or something?'



More pink, this time for me. Plain vanilla socks in Tanis Sweetheart. Still adore this yarn. I had a pattern in mind for this yarn, but then went a-travelling and vanilla seemed more practical. Looking forward to finishing these, as they make cozy socks. And of course, I plan on making little ones out of the leftover. Mommy and me socks.

I've got last minute shopping to do and have been stalling all morning cuz it's cold and windy and I just don't wanna. Meh. It's just too cozy in here these days. Hank begs to differ. He'd much rather be out in the snow while it lasts. Maybe if he can keep from driving me nuts for 20 mins, I'll indulge him. Up again at 4 am to be let outside has not put him on my 'nice' list for today. Although he was allowed to open a present this morning. But that's really only because he needed a chewy to keep him occupied and the cupboard was bare. But he was pretty excited at the prospect of opening a present. So that was cute.

Anyhow, I'm off. Until later. Have a great holiday y'all.

5 comments:

Donna M said...

Some one is going to be pretty in pink I think. The little sweater will be sweet and lace errors always hide in the pattern anyway.
Merry Christmas to you all!

lexa said...

When I was in labour with the Oldest One my BF was there and Hubs, and I remember them talking about Stewie off The Family Guy. All I kept thinking was, "Why would they talk about football head shaped babies when I'm in this situation!" If I coulda got up and punched them I would have.

Have a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Your projects are lovely as always! My oldest son was 10 pounds and my granddaughter who I witnessed coming in to this world was as well, so . . . yeah, I'm definitely sending you good vibes for a birth weight of nothing over 8 pounds. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

DJ insisted he was 11 lbs 9 oz. That's when I called his mother. Her recollection is a bit better - he was 9lbs 11oz.

Love the pink!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Alison said...

I kept hearing ten pound baby as well--House Man was 10 lbs 3 oz I think, and his brother was something similar. Means nothing--mine were 8 lbs 6 oz at two weeks overdue and 7 lbs 6 oz at two weeks early. Your baby will be the right size whatever size she is!