Sunday, December 28, 2008

On the 2nd day after Christmas...



My true love rolled the Jeep.



He's totally fine, which is just the most awesome Christmas present ever. His neck was a little sore and he had a slight bump on the head, but no cuts or scrapes or broken bones. And I was not in the Jeep with him at the time, which is also awesome, as you can clearly see the passenger side took the brunt of the damage. Snowy roads...total fluke. And now the Jeep is no more. Let the insurance hassle begin.

I think it took me until this afternoon to calm down. The rollover happened just outside of Lunenburg yesterday after his hockey tournament (he coaches little guys). We went back there today to where he'd had it towed to get all of the stuff out of the back (namely his hockey equipment, as he also plays). A quick stop at Have a Yarn helped to sooth my nerves a little bit. But I'll post about that another time. For now, I think I need a little lie down. Until later...

9 comments:

lexa said...

Thank goodness he's okay and that you weren't in with him! Isn't it strange -- my Hubs was in a roll over accident when I was pregnant with the Oldest One. He was a passenger coming back from a ball game in Port Mouton. They were almost to the Liverpool exit 20 (for Old Port Mouton Road) and hydroplaned. They rolled about four times or so (the driver was speeding) and ended up in the ditch. They weren't hurt, mostly just sore, and had to kick the window out in order to get out. They were embarassed more than anything cuz they were both in the fire department, and people who saw the accident called 911. So when the fire department got there and saw they weren't hurt they took a lot of ribbing. Had to go to the hospital to get checked out, of course.

Hubs said it was a really weird feeling, almost like it was slow motion. That's one thing I can live without finding out!

Heddy said...

Oh my goodness ... thank heavens he's OK! How scarey!

Donna M said...

Thank heavens he's all right. We went to the movie in Bridgewater last night and the driving was horrible! Glad you weren't with him!

ellen said...

Dear Person and Mother of the Pinta..and Father of the little Pinta..thank God and Goodness that all is fine. How terribly scary for all of you. Whew and Whey again.
Praise be to whomever for protecting your family..one and all.

Dorothy said...

I'm so glad he is OK! Cars can be replaced

Anonymous said...

Yes Thank God that he is ok. No wonder you were shaken by it all. Hopefully the insurance proceedings go smoothly and quickly for you.

Steph VW said...

I'm so glad that he's ok! His guardian angel was definitely looking out for him.

This is going to be one of those stories that you tell when your munchkin is old enough to drive.

Anonymous said...

everybody is ok - good

it wasn't because of the same ditch he "fell in" when you first moved out there was it? ;)

Megan said...

Holy crap! I'm glad that he's all right!