So here we are on our way!
After a little bit of internet difficulty, we are sitting in the business centre of the Sandman hotel in Montreal plotting our next course. Friday we got as far as Burlington to have a quick visit with A and J and K! We feasted on panzerotti's, beer and wine wherein yours truly passed out on the couch shortly thereafter.
Day Two...
Mark showing off his mechanic skills and fixes our craptastic wiper.
My perspective for the next four days.
We crossed into Quebec around six pm or so last night and arrivved at the hotel around seven thirty. It was dark and rainy and this hotel seems to be kind of out in the middle of nowhere, but it was the first one we saw so we veered off quite suddenly to catch it. Twas getting late and we were starving, tired and in need of alcohol. Not knowing where any of the restaurants were, we settled for the hotel bar for seven dollar pints and eleven dollar burgers! Lesson learned.
So far though, the trip is going quite well. Dry roads, clear beautiful sky on Friday and today and nothing but Trans-Canada ahead of us.
The plan is to make it to either Edmunston or Fredericton tonight and then onto Halifax tomorrow.
Oh yeah, I love this photos. Bad hair, huge zit, no make-up and after two sips of my Rickards Red, I look like I'm hammered.
One thing which we all know, almost to the point of it being a cliche, is that this country is big. Really big. Somehow it just doesn't register until you actually have to travel somewhere. And it doesn't matter whether it's by air or by land. Everything is far. And officially, this is the first time I've ever been in Quebec or driven anywhere outside of Ontario. What and adventure! I'm definitely going to learn to speak french at some point though. I've always been slightly embarassed that I live in an officially bilingual country and know little more than what's printed on the backs of packaging.
Well, time to get back on the road. Hopefully another update to follow this evening. Au revoir!
3 comments:
I don't know what you are talking about, all I can see are toothy grins - a good thing.
Promised myself to be happy for you and to keep a positive attitude. Still happy for you - very happy - but the positive attitude is a little harder to keep having just concluded a solo CRAFTERNOON session. So let it be known that I am adding CRAFTERNOONing to the list of things not to be done alone - you know the list - it includes drinking which is also something that ought not to be done alone.
Get right plastered for me at your next stop k?
Big Big Hug,
Carrie
Dude, don't bum me out. I'm too damn tired, I may completely fall apart. I'm thinking we should get webcams.
You start blogging in French and I'm going to have to get the hubby drunk everynight just to read it - it's the only time he remembers high school French
Post a Comment