Sunday, June 24, 2007

Calling all Bloggers...

Hallo.

Here's the thing. I've been part of this whole blogging community for something like a year now. I blog mostly for my own amusement. It all started as a sort of 'look at me! Over here people!' kind of thing and mostly so I could joing knit-a-longs and comment on other blogs that I was reading.

All of my life I've been behind the curve. Fashion trends, music trends, movies, tv...I'm always just a little bit behind what is considered the 'it' thing, the 'now' thing. Which I'm fine with. Now that DVD makes things last into perpetuity, I can catch up whenever I feel like it. As for fashion, I don't really care anyway. None of that stuff EVER looks good on me. I'll stick with the classics, thank you very much. Saves me money in the long run. But I'm digressing...

I read about three or four blogs religiously and then catch up on a handful more when the mood strikes. But I think I'd like to branch out a little, see what else is out there. If the past is any predictor of the present, then I'm pretty sure I'm missing out on some cool stuff.

So I'd like your help. What other blogs are you visiting? What other blogs would you recommend? I'm terrible at searching out stuff online, as I usually lose patience or interest early on. Or I'm just lazy and this is the path of least resistence. 6 of one, half dozen of the other...ya know. They can be craft related blogs, or humorous blogs...just stuff that's really interesting/inspiring/thought provoking...whatever. I'm just interested in expanding my bloggy horizons.

So if you would be so kind as to oblige when you stop by, leave me a link or a title in the comments. I'd love to know what you're reading too!

Until later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me laugh EVERY time:
http://marmadukeexplained.blogspot.com/

everything else that I read on a regular basis is in my sidebar - if its in my bloglines - its in the blog roll.

Try some of the bigger names and check through their blog rolls for common names. Moopy & Me, Turkey Feathers, Twelve 22, Angry Chicken, all good spots. Look around on Flickr too! Lots of good pics lead back to good blogs :)

scarletti said...

I like you Marti love it that having always been slightly, ok, majorly away from the "in" set, suddenly I have found my real people on the crafting blogs.

I read those like Chicken Betty that I have listed, and then look at their links, and look through those, then on and on, constantly chering at people's creativity and ingenuity.

Revenge of the crafters... where we become better and better and are led by our own imaginations, the "in" set have to run harder and faster to keep up with themselves.

I feel like the ugly duckling who has found her true family!