I'm here to complain about the weather. If you're the kind of person who can't stand it when other people talk about the weather, then toddle along, because I intend to yammer on for at least a couple of paragraphs about my disgruntlement.
As of mere seconds ago, according to the Weather Network, it is 8 degrees C in Liverpool today. According to the calendar on the wall, today's date is June 15. We are, what, one week away from the official start of summer and allow me to describe what I am wearing. Yoga pants, socks, long sleeve t-shirt, zip-up hoodie, mostly zipped. Yesterday I was wearing jeans, socks, a v-neck mostly wool (but still lightweight) sweater with a mostly wool cardigan (yes, the one I knit) over top. I came home from work and it was so chilly in here that I crawled under the quilt on the couch with all of the aforementioned layers on. I had the quilt tucked up under my chin and under my feet. Now, the interior temp. may have something to do with the fact that there is currently little to no foundation underneath the floor, but that is besides the point and an issue that will be addressed in a future post.
I haven't seen the sun in days. I'm starting to doubt it's existence. I'm starting to think that it was some sort of fantastical dream, that I imagined this bright ball of light in the sky so many many moons ago.
I don't know if there has ever been a time in my life where I still had the heat on in the middle of June, in either the house or the car. I swore I wouldn't do this, I swore that after all of my years of keening over the humidity in Ontario, the stiffling, smog-ridden, lethargy inducing humidity of my youth, that I would thoroughly enjoy the clean, crisp, refreshing Nova Scotia air without so much as a peep. BUT I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! I require warmth. I require sandals on my feet and a skirt to cloth me. I swear to the almighty that the temperature HAS NOT CHANGED since our arrival in March. MARCH PEOPLE!
According to the locals, this is indeed unusual for this time of year. I'm not ready to believe them yet. I'm ready to sit here and sulk until I see the mercury rise. We've been assured that while spring may be cool, the fall is brilliant. All I can say to that is autumn better be damn well worth the wait.
4 comments:
I hope that your sun comes up and out tomorrow and warms up your life! Until today, we have been having beautiful weather. Today is overcast, dreary and quite cool. It always amazes me how this kind of weather at this time of year can affect my mood. It's supposed to be sunny! Damn! I do know that my lettuces and peas are clapping their little leaves. Their little roots are just shimmying with happiness over this icky day. To each his own, I guess.
Hope you do have a great weekend.
I got the Hello Kitty for free when I ordered a new sewing machine to replace my old, old one. The site is sewvacdirect.com I notice that they do sell just the Hello Kitty alone..I think it's listed at $59.00. You might want to check on other places...I just googled in the words Janome online. Good luck. I'd love to hear if you find one that feels affordable. It is an adorable machine!
It's me again...I just noticed you left a comment on my swearing. Thanks so much for visiting. I really appreciate it. I'm not using "crotch zapper" as a substitute swear word. It literally felt like that when I got hung up trying climb over the electric fence. Hope your sunshine is back today..and thanks again.
Hey there,
The weather has not been exactly as expected here in England either. Dispite the chirp of the ice cream truck going by, it is not warm here.
We did have sun without rain today though, so there is hope.
Post a Comment