Check
Extra batteries?
Check
Charged up flashlight?
Check
Candles, water and some extra food, just in case?
Check
Extra blankies 'case the power goes out?
Check
And the most important detail of all...got some knitting?
Check and check. T'would seem we're all ready for Noel.
I'm back to working on Arwen, which, after having done the
Classic Cable in the toddler size is flying right along. I'm on a bit of a cable jag at the moment. Since I brought it up, though I really shouldn't be showing it here as it is a Christmas gift, I just can't help myself.
I'm in love. It's the perfect little sweater. I highly recommend the pattern. And I did get it done in just about a week. I started it on a Friday evening and finished it the following Sunday evening. This bodes well for my upcoming Knitmas (I'm copyrighting that term if it hasn't been already) projects, which, if we lived in a perfect world, would already be done by now. But of course I don't come up with anything until a month before Christmas.
I'd take a WIP pic of Arwen, but it's really quite dark in here cuz apparently the world is about to end, so you'll have to wait on that one. A black sweater in bad light is just a crappy picture. Wait, I think I did take a picture the other day, when I was playing with my stash...
That's what I have so far...left front, one sleeve, and the back. I've said before that the only thing I've kept from the original pattern was the cable. Everything else I'm doing on my own. We'll see how it works out. Things might get dicey once I get to the collar area. Arwen is supposed to have a hood, but I'm becoming less and less enchanted with that idea all the time (which might have something to do with the fact that I'm not sure I have enough yarn).
I've also finished another pair of grey work socks. I'm not going to go to the trouble of taking a photo...just close your eyes and picture grey work socks. I used every last scrap of the grey superwash that I bought for these socks, which means I got three pair out of eight balls. I don't know if that's good or not. They were only 50 gm balls, but rather nice yarn, so I hope they wear well. One gentleman already took off with his, and I still need to do two more pair for the other, so I think for the remaining pairs I might change it up a bit. Perhaps I will do blue-grey work socks.
A little knitting triumph on these socks; I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with regards to grafting the toes. I'm either a little stubborn or a little dense (or a little of both) but when I try something and it isn't totally right, I just end up doing what looks close enough. Until that drives me crazy and I try again to get it right. All of my toe grafting looked almost right, but it wasn't entirely invisible, like it should be. So I tried again and finally have it down pat. I tried explaining all of this to the constable, which evoked the following response; "Is that how it's supposed to be done?" he asked when I held up my correctly grafted toe, beaming as I did so. "Uh-huh" I replied. "Well then I'm very proud of you." And then he left for hockey.
Sub-tropical storm Noel hasn't hit here yet, but it is getting chillier in here by the hour and the wind has started blowing. Today would be a good day to hunker down and watch movies, but I think we're going to try and take advantage of the hubby's time off and get the livingroom in the house insulated and drywalled before it gets too much colder. That and the dvd player is on the fritz. Which means that I'll be subjected to untold hours of PS2. Good thing laptops are portable.
To my NS neighbours, stay safe and warm. Catchya on the flip side.
Until later...
6 comments:
You won't be subject to much PS2 if the power goes out! I don't have any flashlights, but I'll make sure that I have tons of candles going tonight.
Totally dead day today at the store. I had a couple of people in this morning buying yarn so they'll have something to do in the storm tonight. We're open Friday nights til 8.
The little cabled sweater turned out really cute! I love that color.
Nice job on the sweater ... you must bring Arwen (sp? too lazy to check your blog to see if it is right) to knit nite for a better looky-loo.
I to am experiencing the untold excitemtn of grey -- I lady asked me to make her 2 purses, and told me to make them in blacks and greysbut that I could get "creative with them" -- I really don't enjoy grey -- my idea of getting creative with them is to knit them in black, hot pink and lime green, but I doubt that's what she meant by "creative". ;>o
Have a nice nite listening to the wind and rain, and watching hours of exciting PS2 paly out!
btw -- I am a really poor typer! sorry for the typos, I hope you get my gyst!
I love that little sweater. Hope all is well in your corner of the world and that the storm is gentle on you and your fellow Scotians. (is that a word?)
The storm is still blowing and raining here at 12:30. I am turning all the clocks back now, so it is really only 11:30!
Love the little cable sweater!
Hi Marti! Hope you are well! I'm in Sudbury right now and it's raining pretty hard. Give you a shout when I get home - probably Wednesday. Off to Thunder Bay.
Post a Comment