So, um, I don't think that uh, I'm gonna do any, well, Christmas knitting this year. There, I said it. It's been lingering in my crafty brain for the past week, and I just had to get it out there.
I seem to be suffering from a little knitterly burnout after Arwen. I went at finishing that project so fast and furious that I just don't have anything left at the moment. I had a mild case of startitis this past week, as my hands had some left over Arwen energy, but nothing was just the right fit. I think I've gone nearly five days now without picking up the needles. And it hasn't really bothered me.
Seeing as we're past the half way mark for November, I don't see a whole lot getting done in the Christmas knitting department from here on in. Who knows, maybe this is a relief to the usual suspects of recipients of my hand-crafted wares. Oh, I may get a pair or two of socks done, but I'm not committing to anything, or holding myself to any deadlines. I have plenty of great ideas, but certainly not the workspace that I need and I just don't want to get all bent out of shape over it when it's really only me inventing this unecessary pressure anyway. I'd like to take the time and energy I'd devote to crafting and work on the house, and see if we really can move in there before the 25th of December, which is a looooooooooooooong shot at best.
So yeah...there you have it. I've 'fessed up. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got stair treads that require some paint scraping.
Until later...
2 comments:
Well, what to say..I used to do all of that when I had LESS time. I think it's more of a: my children are grown, my husband who used to wear hand knits no longer does..it's a conundrum. We, as a family, need so little. We have food and we are warm, we have music and we have each other. For grandchildren I will get them books and some art supplies.
What I don't like is the feeling of "I have to do this, or She has to do this."
Does this make any sense? Children, I think do need a little something, I need or want a tiny something in my stocking..a small bar of wonderful soap, some lotion.
Forgive me for going on, but I do think we all put too much on ourselves at this time of year.
The sweater was worth a little bit of burnout. It is so gorgeous!
So take some time to do things for you and your home and the knit itch will return in good time.
Plus it is great not to have the pressure to get things finished by Christmas!
Post a Comment