With the prospect of a new little furry body inhabiting our tiny space becoming more of a reality with each passing day, I knew I had to get my craft stuff out of the apartment to make way. That, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I needed to gather all of my lost and lonely bits of craft into one organized space.
(ironing station, with my yarn stash and patterns underneath)
This is the 'third' bedroom in the house, which really didn't have a purpose other than perhaps becoming a kids room, if/when that ever might happen, so I thought what better place for a temporary crafting space. It doesn't really need to be painted, although I do plan on changing the colour at some point and even though the floor isn't finished, it's totally servicable to walk on. So yesterday I cleared it, which didn't take long, and cleaned it up and started in on loading the room up with all of my stuff.
(my sewing station...not sure where the base of the dressform is which is why she's being dubbed Ilene for the time being)
We have another room in the house, the 'forth bedroom', earmarked as the craft room, so once that room is finished, I'll have to do this all over again. Darn! I'm one of those bizarre types that loves (and I do mean loves...like almost to a worrisome level) to organize and categorize and sort and cross reference and put things into little piles. So needless to say, the past two days have been blissful. Doesn't hurt that it's all stuff that I haven't seen in a good long while and it's all stuff that I love so very very much.
(weaving station...I can't tell you how happy I am to see my loom...I want to weave something SO BADLY!)
All of the other rooms require some sort of work, be it drywall and/or mud or just plain paint, so this was a good choice. It's just really quite incredible to me that I actually have a space, a comfortable little space for all of my craft stuff. This is the kind of thing that I have dreamed of for sooooo long. I've carted these damn supplies and tools with me over the past year or so and finally they have a proper little home!
(cutting station on my grandmothers antique table, which I'd rather not be using, but it's the right height and I'd rather it be in this room, out of harms way)
Notice the little baby loom there beside the table. It works like a charm! I'm thinking of weaving a dog leash on it before too long (thanks to Carrie for the suggestion!) I'm not sure where my lamp shades are at the moment, which explains the bare bulb. It just so happens that I've chosen the room in the house with the poorest lighting possible. Ah well.
(the craft closet)
So that's the 360 tour! It really does feel like my own little fort. And see that bucket there? It's full of sock yarn remnants! Squee!
I've put together a knitting bag with one project and a few permanent supplies for the apartment and my goal is to only keep it at only one project, and if I want to switch it up, I'll have to come here to swap things out. Should keep the clutter down in the apartment and lessen the chance of yarn etc. getting eaten. My only concern at the moment are mice. We've been dealing with a bit of an infestation since we've moved in, and I'm just not sure how fond of yarn mice might be. The only balls that are accessible are my sock yarns and my acrylics, so if something gets chewed, I won't be too heartbroken. I'd rather the acrylics get it than the sock yarns though. So I guess the excuse of not having a proper workspace in which to craft Christmas presents doesn't hold much water anymore. But I'm still not doing it! My first order of business will be to hem some curtains. I have an area in the room designated for W'sIP, and as of today, I have a total of 3. Two knitting, one quilt. This quilt has been on the go for a few years now, so after the curtains, it's onto the quilt.
Oh yeah, the floors are done too. It's hard to get a really good shot, but this pretty much does it justice. We put the final coat of Varathane on last weekend. This is the floor in the masterbedroom. Kinda come a long way, huh?
We are soooo in love with these floors. They're sexy. We walk into these rooms and just sing 'sexy floors, sexy floors!' (we're dorks...with nice floors).
The spare bedroom. Nice and slippery. Good for sliding. I'm just waiting for when I fall, then it won't be so cool.
Anyhow, this has been a picture heavy post and I'm listening to a Lime and Violet podcast (cuz I just figured out Podcasting...took all of 30 sec.) and I'm a little distracted, so I'm gonna call it quits. Might go play in the craft room!
Until later...
7 comments:
*whoomp*
*sparkle, sparkle crackle*
*BANG*
yeay! Imaginary fireworks for your craft space. Whee!
ooohhh I can see the lights from here. Fantastic!
I am so happy for you! It's all good and all grand. I love your house. It is all coming together so beautifully and from this far, 3,000 plus miles I can see you smile and feel your joy. It's just too damn rainy to see the sparkles and bangs and lights...but I know they are there.
very cool
You are so lucky to have a craft room for all your stuff. But then, having seen all your stuff, apparently you seriously need a craft for all your stuff.
BTW, the floors look lovely.
I have craft room envy.
Awesome floors - I've got two rooms in my house that need to be done - wanna come to my house?
Wow! Love the craft room! Maybe someday when the basement ever gets totally finished here I'll have a craft room. What a difference in that floor, too! I love all the before/after pictures. :)
Post a Comment