Actually, it was more like 101.0. So I got the hubby's flu, just as he was starting to feel somewhat human again, so he was able to attend to my sickly self. I'm still weak and tired today, with still a bit of an elevated temp, but I seem to be on the mend. Hank's patience has been stretched to it's limit, so hopefully the constable will be able to take him to the beach later. He was a very patient boy though.
I ended up missing Knit Nite on Wed. which was a drag, for a few reasons. One, I really enjoy going. Two, I missed out on hearing all about Heddy's trip. Three, I finished my Forever/Mystery Sweater Tuesday night and had planned on wearing it, perhaps getting one of my Knit Nite ladies to take a pic. For now, this will have to do...
Behold, my Tubey.
Knit with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, colours black, brown, and red. The bottom of the sweater may look a little wonky, and that's because I switched to stocking stitch instead of ribbing, since while the sweater may be a tube, I am not. I added some hip shaping in that area as well and it fits me like a glove. I tried several attempts to take a picture of myself, but it just didn't work out. If I do say so myself though, it's a dern cute sweater. Trust me on this one.
Anyhow, although this sweater felt like it took forever, it really didn't and was a nice, easy knit that yeilded fantastic results that I'm very happy with. I wanted to use this yarn for something that I knew I would wear a lot and I can already tell that this is going to be one of my favourites. It's quite snug, as when I went to pick up the stitches around the arms/shrug, I ended up with 140 rather than the 160 called for in the pattern. Anyhow, in reading about this pattern on Ravelry, many people mentioned that this yarn stretches quite a bit and that the shrug/arms part ended up bunching up if made in the incorrect size. So I made what is probably a small, even though that isn't what I would normally wear in ready made clothing. And it's exactly the fit I was going for. It's soft and warm and lovely. I want to make another!
I didn't end up using all of the Debbie Bliss that I bought, but most of the black is gone. I already have a project planned for the rest of the red, of which I still have seven balls. If you can tell from the photo, I threw in a little brown as well. I had that in my stash, five balls, and still have three left over. So this sweater would be a great stash-busting project.
Anyhow, that's all there is to share today. The dog is positively freaking out and I need a nap.
Until later...
7 comments:
The sweater looks great! Get well soon.
Oh a FO that you can wear that has got to be the ultimate! Hope you are feeling better soon.
Very nice!
So far I've held off the flu, but my cold came back and settled in my chest this time.
I am sooo loving it!!! I hope you are better soon, so you can come back to Knit Nite ... and show off the beautiful sweater! I will need to stroke your arm ... I t looks so soft. (the sweater, not your arm!)
LOVE the sweater. Glad that it's destined to be a well-loved one, as it's absolutely beautiful. Sorry to hear about your malady, and here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better.
The sweater looks great and you can wear it next week to KN!
What a fantastic sweater! Hope you are feeling much better by now.
Post a Comment