*sigh*
I need my own car. That way I will not only be able to get myself from A to B like a big girl, all by myself, without having to orchestrate who goes where at what time and can I maybe get a ride, please? but this will also ensure that I will have my house key on me at all times. Logic would dictate that if I were to have my own car, I would have my own car keys, ergo, also said house key.
Why do I bring this up you ask. Here's the series of events. On Wednesdays, I have Knit Nite. The constable has hockey. Never the schedules shall meet. I could conceivably walk to and from Knit Nite, but, well, it's dark out. And I have to carry a big knitting bag. We've changed locations since first starting our little meetings, and it is considerably closer but still...nah. Thankfully, knitters are a kind bunch, and I've been able to get a couple of rides that last two weeks (thanks again Donna!)
My first venture to Knit Nite, I walked home and realized I had forgotten my keys. So I broke into the house. Which was really easy. Tonight, Knit Nite again, got a ride home, forgot my keys. Broke into the house. This time however, I have a vicious gaurd dog. Who was locked up in his crate since we were both gone. And got so scared at the prospect of someone breaking into the house, that he peed himself in his crate.
*sigh*
Don't tell Hank I told you this story. He's still a little embarassed about it.
6 comments:
Heh, heh! Poor little Hank!
WoW! you sure broke in fast!
I looked and found the patterns we talked about ... if you like them, feel free to borrow them!
P. S. Anytime I am at Knit Nite -- I can pick you up and/or drop you off, if you want/need a drive. I don't mind at all -- who knows when you may need an accomplice for your B&E's. Just drop me an email, or a quick call to the office if you are planning to go that night (you aren't very far from my house)
Poor Hank! The way things are going you could be a professional cat burglar. Better make sure my stash is well secured...
Poor Hank! How humiliating for him. Hope tonight works out well.
I have to drive when I come in and would gladly pick you up and take you home. But I do appreciate wanting your own car. It gives you a sense of independence and allows for more spontaneous trips as well as to work and grocery shopping etc.
Oh poor Hank!
But do not think that car keys will magically solve your problem 100%. (Maybe 99.9% but not 100%). Why?
Because three knit nights ago I locked myself out of the house and did not realize it until I reached into my pocket on the wrong side of the door.
Fortunately it didn't start raining until I was on my way back from where my husband works so I didn't get completely drenched.
Parallel lives? No not at all...
Mr. Happy and I used to have constant confusion because he would take my keys and his own... leaving me with no keys to lock the back door.
Perhaps potential burglars will be knocked out by Hank's ferocious stream of pee?
Post a Comment