Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Twenty-two...



So she's five months old now. Crazy. She had her first big belly laugh last weekend, watching Hank play fetch. She eats food, she can say 'dada', though she hasn't associated it with her dad just yet. We're working on it, she seems interested. I've started doing a bit of sign language with her, she watches me pretty intently. We watched an episode of The Muppets a few days ago, she laughed at Gonzo. She likes listening to me read her story books and when her father walks in the room, she only has eyes for him. She can roll over but we're pretty convinced she just doesn't want to. She sits in her high chair in the kitchen now, and her bouncy chair has been retired to her bedroom, as has the bassinet that stayed beside my bed long after she had moved to her crib. It's now filled with stuffed animals. We got rid of the midnight feeding a week or so ago, and it took her all of one night to start sleeping 12 hours straight through (she was pretty much there already...we were waking her up to feed her). I've already packed up two totes of her itty bitty clothes, including most of the hand-knits I'd made for her. I'll admit, it was a little emotional.

The last few weeks since returning home from Ontario have been less than stellar. Teething, the heat, growth spurt and vaccinations (a little overdue since we were away) all contributed to a very unhappy baby, the past few days especially. Very little sleep...on both our parts. But she seems back to her usual bubbly, happy self this morning so keep your fingers crossed for us. I feel like I've aged significantly this past week.



Remember this post? Well, I finally got around to painting and mounting them. I'm quite pleased with them. Matches the whole little letter theme I've got going on with her crib set as well.

No other crafting to speak of really. I'm working away on some plain ribbed socks, finishing up some sewing for my nephew and plugging away at the Babette blanket that I took with me but did not touch once on our massive road trip. I'm starting to get really anxious for it to be done, but in a good way. I think it's going to be quite pretty once it's finished and I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing put together.

If I get around to dragging it out this weekend, I'll post about my new toy. It's quite something. That outta keep you hanging. Until later...

3 comments:

Heddy said...

She's a living dolly! Gorgeous - sweet grin, and the curls!

Whatcha got for a new toy? mustbe big -gotta "drag it out" - did you get a wheel? or a new loom? Can you tell I am no good with secrets?Need to know!

Anonymous said...

hmm, I don't think it would be a loom, so I'm going with wheel. Cum on and tell!

Anonymous said...

I know what it is...but I'm not telling either.