We're taking a break from home reno's at the moment, and in doing so, my knitterly side, having found itself with an abundance of extra time, has taken over with a vengence. I've been feverishly working on a super secret project that has a rapidly approaching deadline. I was forced to reconcile myself to the fact that it will not be done on time. And I had a whole damn year. A YEAR! And I still didn't manage to get it done. It's supposed to be a wedding/first anniversary present for Carrie, (it's okay, she knows about it, though she doesn't know what it's going to look like, hence the secretive part) and I handed her a coupon shortly before the nuptials that said she could cash it in one year to the day for an afghan. Stupid stupid stupid. I was so sure that I'd be able to manage it. But then life got a little nuts and well, here we are. I'll be finished it before too too long, just not in a week, when it's supposed to be done.
I was going to send Carrie a card with a photo of a portion of it, just to whet her appetite, but when I went to the Superstore to print out the pictures at the little kiosk thingy, there was a line up and group of Superstore employees huddled around the machine, befuddled as to what the problem was...as per usual. This always happens. I just didn't have the patience today to wait, so rather than sending a hard copy, Carrie will just have to stop by the blog and see for herself.
So Happy Anniversary! Here's a picture of part of a gift that I promised you. Neener neener.
Along with the sweater that I'm dying to knit out of the new fall issue of IK, there's another sweater in the queue that I've promised someone else. I worked up some swatches today, one gauge and one cable, to see if I could handle the pattern, and it took all of my will power not to get in the Jeep and go to the awesome yarn store in Mahone Bay, Have a Yarn to shop for a large quantity of what would likely be rather expensive materials. I'm not posting a pic of the pattern I've chosen as I'd like the final product to be a surprise, despite the fact that the requestee knows it's going to be a black cardigan.
I've also whipped up an itty bitty sock on some itty bitty needles with a very fine yarn for someone with itty bitty feet. I am now suffering from second sock syndrome.
And remember in my post about the Harlot's visit when I talked about wanting to attain big 'K' knitter status? Well, I think I just crossed an important threshold today. When I mentioned going to Mahone Bay to the constable, he quite firmly reminded me that I have plenty of projects on the go that require finishing, and that I didn't need any more yarn. In my heart of hearts I agreed, but the whole yarn purchase thing was just really eating at me today for some reason so instead, I went to my LYS, the Ball and Skein (pretty sure they don't have a website) and calmed my nerves with some Austerman sock yarn. And then I promptly hid it in my purse so its entrance into the house would be undetected. Covert yarn purchase. Another important step now taken.
There was more I was going to prattle on about, but another great wave of laze has overtaken me, and I've lost the motivation to do just about anything. This self imposed vacation is quite nice.
Until later...
4 comments:
Ball and skein? A Nova Scotia yarn store I haven't heard of? Where would one find said Ball and Skein?
Okay, after reading your comment over on my blog, I must say, that sounds like quite the yarn store!
I hope your second Sunday was Spectacular. We all need them!
I keep coming back to visit the little square that will one day be mine. I look at it and envision it multiplied ten fold and try to see it whole - I can't quite make it out though. I'm not worried though b/c I'm falling in love with that little square. How could either of us have known that I would become enchanted by both bobbles and leaves in turn (not having tried either yet) or that the backroom of my house is going to provide such a lovely roost for this gift?
Post a Comment