Sunday, August 26, 2007

From the Mouths of Babes...

While I'm still strolling down memory lane, doing a little year in review, I've been revisiting all of the projects that I've finished with our neice as my muse. She just turned one this past July. She started out like this, like we all do. I went a little bonkers in the crafting department and for Christmas (they announced that they were pregnant in November, bear that in mind) that year, she, who wasn't even confirmed as a she yet, and her mom recieved this.
I didn't stop there though. Between Christmas and the shower, I pulled this
together. And I think somewhere around Mother's Day or so, these materialized, and I know that these were in the shower gift bag as well.

Then it was Christmas time again, and it was time for toys. I think they went over well.

And before I left Ontario, I had to give her this.

In and amongst all of this, my sister in law has been great about taking and sending pictures, some of which I've posted about , some of which I've just plain stolen. Here's a mini-gallery to that effect...









And so a year has passed, and it was time to get together some birthday presents. I wasn't sure I was going to make it, but I did somehow get these in under the wire.

This whole post is really just about this next picture, which when I recieved it, made me just keel over laughing. Maybe it was just me. This is a digital photo of a print, which is why it may be a little blurry.



This is the wee girl on her big day sort of modelling the pink stripey sweater that I knit for her. When I saw this photo, I pictured her saying, as evidenced by the look on her face:

"Doesn't this woman know where the toy store is?"

No comments: