Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Recommended Viewing....

Michael Moore's SICKO was released on DVD yesterday. Watch it. Maybe watch it twice. Go ahead. I'll wait here. When you're done, perhaps you'd like to join me as I pack up and head for France. Or possibly Norway (it'll make sense once you see the movie).

I have to admit, I'm not in a terribly bloggy mood, but I wanted to share my progress on Arwen, so I thought I would stop in for a minute.



Hard to believe I didn't use a flash for that photo. Anyhow, both fronts are done, as is the back. I've grafted the shoulders and am almost finished the second sleeve.

I decided finally to go with some collar shaping around the neck. I'm definitely not going to have enough yarn for a hood, so I've opted for a collar instead. I plan to carry the cables up the edges still and then do like a 2:1 rib or something. We'll see how it plays out.

I had some hem issues on the right front. It was way too big and my sewing job was terrible. Never knit beyond tired. So I ripped that back a bit last night and fixed it. I'm much happier.

I don't have much on the agenda today and as the constable is working another night shift tonight, we may cash in a lazy day, which would mean I could finish this sweater by tonight. That would be lovely. Then it's Merry Knitmas to me!

Anyhow, I'm feeling a little brain dead. Perhaps I'll be more articulate at a later date.

4 comments:

ellen said...

I "clicked" on her for a larger view, and she is lovely. Those cables are beautiful. Good job...I really like the color too.

lexa said...

That's going to be a beautiful sweater when it's finished!

I have twelve rows left to do on the sleeves for my cabled sweater for the store. Hubby call last night and yapped for almost two hours, greatly cutting into my knitting time! (But I played Pogo instead.) Then it's Knitmas time for me! I'm really itching to start one of MY sweaters, but that will have to wait til after Christmas.

Looking forward to Knit Nite resuming next week! :)

Donna M said...

Your sweater is going to be gorgeous! Lovely cables going up the front of the cardigan. Does it button?

I am knitting slippers for felting for Christmas gifts. Boring but everyone loves them and they do up quickly.

Anonymous said...

sooo pretty - is it for me?