Sunday, February 24, 2008

Please Raise Your Hand...

...if you too are sick of wet pant legs.




This was the scene first thing yesterday morning. I really wasn't paying the snow much attention Friday night, as I figured it would be about four to six inches, per usual, like all the other storms we've gotten. Nuh-uh. The snow is knee deep in some places in our yard. Which would make it chest deep for Hank. He loves it. I'll have to take him out off leash today in the back yard and just let him go berzerk.



This is to further illustrate how deep the snow is/was. I have an amusing video of the constable trying to force his way out of our driveway without shovelling, but unfortunately, YouTube isn't co-operating this morning. Or I just don't have enough patience to wait for the full upload, one of the two. Anyhow, he was at it for about fifteen minutes before one of the plow guys out in our area took pity on him and generously plowed our driveway. Even at that, it took him another ten minutes to get out, as he'd dug himself some nice little ruts. Crazy.



Got the video to upload finally. PS: That slurping sound in the audio is Hank eating all the snow off of the door mat. He's our special little guy.

When we first got here last spring, we inquired about the South Shore winter, and what to expect. Y'all told us that it was nice and mild out here, one of the warmest places in Canada in the winter in fact, and that you hardly got any snow. I would just like to state here and now that you're all a bunch of filthy liars. And I'm not buying this whole act about how unusual this is for this time of year, etc. etc. I know you're all in on it (to be fair, back home got unusually hammered this winter as well. Usually by this time of year the weather is like, 90 degress F. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration...more like 70 degrees F).

Anyhow...it's a specatular day out there, sunny, windless and clear and I think Hank deserves a really good romp later on. For now, I'm going to knit some socks and enjoy the rest of my Sunday morning coffee.

Until later...

7 comments:

lexa said...

Our winters could be a lot worse! Think of all the snow NL gets, and the icy cold wind chill of the Prairies. I keep looking in my blog archives and see that at the end of March the boys are usually outside on their bikes, and I'm sitting in the sun knitting. It's not all that far away...

Donna M said...

Honestly, we rarely have winters like this. Once in a while, but not very often.
I am guessing the constable is a huge good sport to let you put that clip on YouTube. Or does he know?

Heddy said...

oohh, ooh -- pick me, pick me ... I too am sick of wet pantlegs! And also those little puddles by the door from snowy boots, the wet spots through the house from puppy feet and damp bellies, and trying to find a place to let shovelling hats and gloves dry that won't make them become chew toys.

Bring on Spring!

Honestly -- this is a bad winter for snow -- we really don't get a ;lot of snow (you must have brought it with you from Upper Canada!) Next year will likely be better -- we don't usually have bad winters.

Alison said...

That's funny because it's a cop car with a constable in it. Otherwise, my neighbour does that every time it snows, in her volvo, and it's not so funny when she does it. But put some lights on top of the car? And yes, it becomes funny. And very interesting to almost 5 year old boys--he's probably going to ask me to show him this one a hundred times a day for the next two weeks!

Steph said...

Cashmerino Aran - on sale at Tangled Skeins.
You may want to delete this comment to save some for yourself.

Dorothy said...

Loved the video - especially when that mini van just kind of slides through the stop sign and around the corner :)

ellen said...

Oh, so late to the party. Love the slurping sounds. EEE GADS as some people would say.
Hope you are melting off and that spring will soon be here.
What a hoot for me...who lives so far away and can hear the froggies at night....but wait a minute..Mother Nature may turn around here and bite me in the ass. We do have snow in March at times.