So rather than tidying up and getting the place back in order, I'm making myself sit still and perhaps partake in a little knitting this afternoon. The more likely event is that I will have a nap.
Blogging about the house progress makes me at least feel as though I am working on it, so here's an update.
The pulls and knobs for the kitchen cupboards arrived the day our company (the constables parents) arrived, so we were able to showcase a nearly complete kitchen to them during la grande tour. The backsplash tile arrived the very next day, just in time for my FIL, handy-man extraordinaire, to put it up for me.
I was pretty derned in love with the kitchen prior to the tile going on the wall. As I sat and looked at how well all the elements seemed to fit together, I started to get a little apprehensive about whether or not the tile was going to make the space look too busy and messy.
Then the tile was cemented to the wall, and I was smitten. I was in deep smit. No grout even, just tile. My FIL said, 'Oh just you wait!'
People, I can't even describe to you how much I love this room. I can't stop hanging out in here, just staring at it all. I love love love this tile. It brings a whole new dimension to the kitchen and ties everything together.
The only glitch I suppose is that now, with the tile, my awesome Jonathan Adler (such a name dropper, aren't I?) funky striped pottery pieces don't really go in the kitchen anymore (re: pitcher and cookie jar in previous kitchen WIP post). Ah well, I think I can deal.
We're also at the point where we're doing a little fractured living. We've moved all of the eating and cooking operations over into the house and were utilizing the master bedroom while we had company. Now we have stuff strewn all over the place, and I'm not sure where to be most of the time! I knew this point would come. Not quite ready to leave the apartment just yet, not quite set up in the house.
Especially when the living room looks like this...
But that's another post. Right now, it's time for my nap.
Until later...
3 comments:
I think my craft room and your living room should hook up!
I love the knobs/handles on the cupboards and I think the back splash is great - a splash of colour if you will.
Enjoy your nap I'm off to putty.
Your kitchen is looking gorgeous. A year ago we had ours updated after 22 yrs. It still does not have new wallpaper or paint. Oh, sigh. I notice that your drawer pulls etc are just like the ones I chose. One nearly has to pawn a loved one to pay for hardware that you like. Yours is looking perfect.
Dear Marti..thank you for your words. They mean more than I can say. Period...and so much more, if that makes sense.
Post a Comment